iKad for International Students
What is an iKad?
The iKad is an identification card for foreign students and can be used as a means of identification in Peninsular Malaysia. The iKad will only be issued after the Student Pass is endorsed in the passport. Please note that the iKad is not a replacement travel document.
Each iKad will contain the following information:
1. Student Photograph
2. Passport Number
3. Nationality of the student
4. Name of the student’s Institution
5. Duration of the Student Pass
How do I apply for an iKad?
The application for the iKad will be done at the time the new Visa Approval Letter application or Renewal application is made. A fee of RM50 is included in the application fees.
What happens if I lose or damage my iKad?
In the event that the iKad is lost or damaged, the following fees will apply:
- For Lost/Damaged iKad (1st request) – RM150
- For Lost/Damaged iKad (2nd request for the same student) – RM300
- For Lost/Damaged iKad (3rd request for the same student) – MYR 500
- very subsequent loss/damage of iKad (after damaging/losing it 3 times) for the same student – MYR500 each request