EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
17th April 2020
Clarification for International Students and Institutions on application processing during and post the Movement Control Order period
The purpose of this bulletin is to provide detailed clarification on the various scenarios that may be experienced by International Students and Institutes during and after Movement Control Order and the global border closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The bulletin is designed based on the different scenarios /processes / stages of an international student application in a FAQ format for easy understanding:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Question: Since the EMGS One Stop Centre is closed during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period, are Education Institutions able to create and submit New and Renewal applications to EMGS during this period?
Answer: Yes, Education Institution can create and submit all New and Renewal applications to EMGS. The facility to upload documents was only available for New applications however EMGS has enhanced its system to also allow Education Institutions to create an upload the required documents for Renewal applications. This will eliminate the need for Education Institutions to send in the hardcopy of documents to EMGS One Stop Centre during this Movement Control Order period.
Kindly note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia will remain closed during the MCO period however, all the teams under EMGS have activated the Work From Home option and are currently processing New and Renewal applications. EMGS will only be able to process applications until the following stages:
- New Applications – Application pending for submission to the Immigration Department eVAL EMGS can only submit the application to the Immigration Department once the MCO has been lifted.
- Self-Endorsement Renewal Applications – Issuance of e-support letter for self-endorsement. The Education Institution will only be able to submit this supporting letter to their respective state Immigration Department once the MCO has been lifted
- EMGS Endorsement Renewal Applications – Request Institutions to submit the passport to The Education institution will only be able to submit the passport to EMGS once the MCO has been lifted.
Certain Education institutions may not be able to provide the payment to EMGS once they have created and uploaded the relevant documents to EMGS during the MCO period due to the various challenges they may face to obtain the payment. To ensure, we facilitate this and due to the long-standing relationship with the institutes, EMGS has also introduced a process for Education Institutions to submit applications without payment by submitting a declaration that the payment will be done within 7 days of the MCO being lifted. EMGS will begin to process the applications upon receiving the Declaration from the Education Institution.
- Question: Can students submit applications directly to EMGS?
Yes, all international students that are outside Malaysia and have obtained offer letters from Educational Institutions are able to create New/Mobility eVAL applications directly with EMGS (https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/customer/account/login/
). Once an account is created on the EMGS website
; you may proceed to create an application and upload the necessary supporting documents required for your application. You will also have an option to directly make payment to EMGS via credit card or through your Education Institution. EMGS will begin processing your application once your Education Institution approves it. Please refer to the user guide available on the website or you may contact EMGS through email@example.com
if you encounter any difficulties or require further clarification on how to create an application on your own. Kindly note that Renewal applications can only be created and submitted by your respective Education Institution.
- Question: The application I created directly to EMGS is pending for additional documents. Can I submit the additional document required on my own to EMGS?
: Yes, you are required to submit the additional documents. EMGS allows students to directly submit additional documents for applications that are created. Kindly ensure that you send the additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
using the same registered email address used to create your application. Your Education Institution may also submit the additional documents required for applications that they created similarly by sending the additional documents to email@example.com
. You may check the status of your current application anytime by entering your passport number and nationality at visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/
- Question: My institution applied for a New student pass application for me. I have been checking through the EMGS Application Tracker however my application is pending at 32% (immigration system updated) and not moving. Why?
Answer: Please note that there is no further action required from your side at this point in time. The percentage indicates that your application is ready to be submitted to the Immigration Department for their approval. In continuing with our commitment to international students and the Education Institutions, EMGS is processing all new and renewal applications that are submitted to us. Kindly note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia will remain closed during the MCO period and EMGS can only submit the application for their approval once the MCO is lifted.
- Question: My eVAL was rejected by the Immigration Department of Malaysia and my institution informed me that is was due to the COVID-19 outbreak in my country (this was specifically for certain provinces in China during the COVID-19 outbreak). What can I do?
Answer: The eVAL was rejected due to the COVID-19 outbreak during the time. Your Education Institution will be required to submit a request to appeal this decision. EMGS will facilitate by submitting the request to the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Kindly note that the decision to approve the appeal is solely at the discretion of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Question: I received my eVAL however I have obtained a new passport. My eVAL was issued under my old passport details. What should I do?
Answer: Your Education Institution will be required to submit an amendment request to EMGS. Please speak to a representative from your Education Institution to understand the documents required for the amendment request. EMGS will then facilitate the request by submitting it to the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The Immigration Department of Malaysia is closed during the MCO period and will only begin processing the amendment request after the MCO has been lifted. Kindly note that the decision to approve the amendment request is solely at the discretion of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Question: My institution offered me a place to join their March 2020 intake but have now deferred the intake to August 2020 due to the Movement Control Order (MCO) in Malaysia and international travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The eVAL issued to me is going to expire before I can travel to Malaysia. What can I do?
Answer: EMGS will provide all the assistance required to international students whose eVAL have expired during the MCO / travel ban period. Your Education Institution will be required to submit a request to EMGS to extend the validity of the eVAL issued to you. They are also required to provide EMGS with a new offer letter stating the deferment date together with all the relevant supporting documents. EMGS will facilitate by submitting the request to the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Kindly note that the decision to extend the eVAL is solely at the discretion of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Question: I have accepted my institutions offer and I am now enrolled for the semester. Am I allowed to attend Online Classes?
Answer: It is a mandatory requirement for all International Students to obtain a student pass before enrolling in Education Institutions in Malaysia. Based on the current circumstances which limits International Students from travelling to Malaysia, your Education Institution must ensure that your application has been submitted and processed up to the point that is ready for submission to the Immigration Department of Malaysia for eVAL approval. This is to ensure that you have obtained the relevant entry requirements to pursue the intended course.
- Question: My student pass/special pass expired during the Movement Control Order (MCO). I am currently here in Malaysia, but my student pass/special pass has expired. What should I do?
Answer: EMGS will facilitate the processing of passports for all students with a valid pass expiring anytime during the Movement Control Order period. This is only applicable for institutions that submit their passport to EMGS One Stop Centre (OSC) for endorsement. Education Institutions that submit their students’ passports to state immigration offices for endorsements (i.e. self-endorsement) should refer to their respective state immigration offices for further clarification. Kindly note that EMGS will initiate a discussion with the Immigration Department of Malaysia to standardise the approach taken by all state Immigration Departments when dealing with similar situations. We will provide further updates to international students / institutes after discussions with respective stakeholders.
- Question: I was supposed to return to Malaysia to continue my studies however I was not able to travel as the Malaysian Government stopped all foreigners from entering the country during the Movement Control Order. My student pass has now expired however I am not certain as to when I will be able to return to Malaysia. Can I still renew my student pass?
Answer: Based on the current process, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will only allow you to renew your student pass if your current student pass expiry has not lapsed for more than 3 months. Students will be required to enter Malaysia on a social visit pass and subsequently obtain the renewed student pass. However, we understand that these are exceptional circumstances, hence we will continue to monitor the situation closely regarding the travel ban that is currently in place and update the international students / institutes on any changes after discussions with the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Question: I want to go back to my home country, but my passport is pending with EMGS. Can I collect my passport back from EMGS?
If you have made travel plans to leave the country, please contact your respective Education Institution and they will liaise with EMGS to facilitate the collection of your passport before your travel date. You will not be able to collect back your passport directly from EMGS due to the stringent biometric verification process that EMGS adopts by only returning passports to authorised representative from the Education Institutions. Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
if you encounter any difficulties in contacting your Education Institution and EMGS will attempt to speak to a representative from your Education Institution to facilitate the collection of your passport from us.
- Question: My Education Institution collected my passport from EMGS and returned it to me. I am planning to return to my home country, but my current student pass/special pass is no longer valid. Will I be allowed to leave to return to my home country?
Answer: Yes, you will be able to travel out of Malaysia if the current pass expired during the Movement Control Order period. EMGS has notified your Education Institution that all foreigners in Malaysia whose pass has expired during this Movement Control Order period may leave Malaysia without any Special Pass provided they possess a valid passport. This notice was issued by the Director General of the Immigration Department of Malaysia and is effective from 19th March 2020 until further notice from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Kindly note that Standard Operating Procedures of Immigration screening would still take place as usual during departure at the airports and you will also be subjected to the existing rules and regulations imposed by the Immigration Authorities in your home country.
- Question: My eVAL was approved and I travelled to Malaysia upon obtaining a Single-Entry Visa
(SEV). The entry pass issued to me at the point of entry has now expired but and I haven’t attended the Post Arrival Medical Screening due to the Movement Control Order in Malaysia. Will I be able to attend the medical screening and obtain a student pass?
: Yes, EMGS will facilitate the processing of passports for all students with a valid pass expiring anytime during the Movement Control Order period. You will first be required to attend the Post Arrival Medical Screening at the nearest EMGS panel clinic once the MCO has been lifted. The list of clinics is available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/guidelines/registered-malaysian-clinic.html.
Kindly note that Students enrolling into Malaysia Public Universities can attend the medical screening at clinics located in their universities. Please ensure that you speak to an authorised representative from your Education Institutions prior to attending the Post Arrival Medical Screening. Once you have passed the Post Arrival Medical Screening, we will request your Education Institution to submit your passport to EMGS or prepare a supporting letter for your institution to obtain the student pass at their respective state Immigration Department.
- Question: I’ve attended the Post Arrival Medical Screening but failed the screening. The clinic contacted me and requested that I submit my appeal no later than 1 month from the time I first attended the medical screening. I am currently not able to travel to the clinic due to the MCO. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to appeal the results of the Post Arrival Medical Screening?
Answer: Under normal circumstances, you are required to submit an appeal at the same panel clinic you visited previously for medical screening. This should be done within 7 days of receipt of the notification that you have failed your medical screening. In lieu of the current Movement Control Order (MCO) implemented, EMGS has decided to ease this condition however you must submit your appeal at the same clinic within 7 days after the MCO being lifted.
- Question: When does the insurance policy purchased through EMGS start?
Answer: EMGS is currently sending a notification to the respective insurance provider once the application has reached a specific stage. The process of sending notifications for students that opted for EMGS insurance providers will start at the passport endorsement stage/e-support issuance stage. The insurance commencement date will depend on the type of application submitted to EMGS. The table (Table 1) below explains the commencement dates for the respective type of applications.
|Application Type||Commencement Date|
|Progression/Variation||The eVAL issuance date|
|Renewal||From the next day following the expiry of their current student pass|
|New||Student’s date of entry to Malaysia which needs to be provided by the institutions|
EMGS is currently also looking at sending notifications for all Progression / Variation / Renewal students who insurance / student pass has currently expired (even if the application has not reached the required stage as mentioned above). This is provided the institute/students have created an application with EMGS.
- Question: Is COVID-19 covered in the insurance policies available through EMGS?
Answer: Yes, all 3 EMGS insurance/takaful providers (AXA, AIA and Hong Leong MSIG Takaful) will extend coverage to cover treatments and/or hospital admissions related to confirmed 2019-nCoV cases within Malaysia. Kindly note that the Malaysia’s Ministry of Health has provided a list of designated Hospitals for handling COVID-19 cases. Please refer to the Malaysia’s Ministry of Health website to view the list of designated Hospitals as the insurance providers may only allow claims originating from these designated hospitals.
Download PDF here
2020 年 4 月 17 日
- 新的申请 – 待提交至移民局eVAL批准的申请。 EMGS只能在MCO解除后向移民局提交申请。
- 自我签注续签申请 – 发出自我签注的电子支持信。 教育机构只能在MCO解除后将此证明信提交给各自的国家移民局。
- EMGS签证续签申请 – 要求学院将护照提交给EMGS。 教育机构将只能在MCO解除后向EMGS提交护照。
- 问题: 学生可以直接向EMGS提交申请吗？
- 问题: 我直接向EMGS提交的申请因需其他文档（补充资料）而待定。 我可以自行向EMGS提交所需的其他文件吗？
- 问题: 我的学院为我申请了新学生准证申请。我一直在通过EMGS Application Tracker进行检查，但是我的签证进度在到达32％（移民系统更新）后就停止不动了。请问这是为什么？
回答:这表示此时您无需采取任何进一步的措施,您的申请已经准备好提交给移民局批准。 为了继续履行对国际学生和教育机构的承诺，EMGS正在处理已提交的所有新的和续签的申请。 请注意，马来西亚移民局在MCO期间将保持关闭状态，EMGS仅在MCO解除后才能提交申请以供批准。
- 问题: 我的eVAL被大马移民局拒绝，我的学院通知我，这是由于我国的新冠肺炎爆发（特别是新冠肺炎爆发期间来自中国的某些省份）。 我该怎么做？
回答:由于在这期间内发生了新冠肺炎的爆发，因此eVAL被拒绝。 您的教育机构需要提交上诉文件。 EMGS会提供便利将请求提交给马来西亚移民局。 请注意，批准上诉的决定完全由马来西亚移民局来决定。
- 问题: 我收到了eVAL，但我已经获得了新护照。 我的eVAL是根据我的旧护照详细信息签发的。 我该怎么做？
回答:您的教育机构将需要向EMGS申请修改。 请联系您的教育机构代表，以了解申请修改所需的文件。 EMGS将协助把您的申请提交给马来西亚移民局。 马来西亚移民局在MCO期间关闭，并且只有在MCO解除后才开始处理修改请求。请注意，修改请求是否得到批准全由马来西亚移民局来决定。
- 问题: 我的学院让我在2020年3月入学，但由于马来西亚的行动管制令（MCO）和新冠肺炎的暴发导致的国际旅游限制令，现在已将入学时间推迟到2020年8月。 发给我的eVAL将在我前往马来西亚之前过期。 我该怎么做？
回答:EMGS将为在MCO /旅行禁令期限内eVAL过期的国际学生提供所有所需的帮助。 您的教育机构需要求向EMGS提交请求，以延长您的eVAL的有效性。 他们还必须向EMGS提供新的录取通知书，其中注明延期日期以及所有相关的支持文件。 EMGS会 协助将请求提交给马来西亚移民局。 请注意，延长eVAL的请求是否得到批准全由马来西亚移民局来决定。
- 问题: 我已经接受了我的学院的录取通知，现在就可以入学。 我可以参加在线课程吗？
回答:所有国际学生在进入马来西亚的教育机构之前必须获得学生证。 根据目前限制国际学生前往马来西亚的情况，您的教育机构必须确保您的申请已提交和处理，直至可以提交至马来西亚移民局以批准eVAL为止。 这是为了确保您已达到了相关的入学要求。
- 问题: 我的学生证/特别准证在行动管制令（MCO）期间过期。 我目前在马来西亚，但我的学生证/特别准证已过期。 我该怎么办？
- 问题: 我本应该返回马来西亚继续学习，但是由于马来西亚政府在行动管制令期间不让外国人进入该国，所以我无法进入马来西亚。 我的学生证现已过期，但是我不确定何时能够返回马来西亚。 我还能续签学生证吗？
回答:根据目前的程序，马来西亚移民局会在您当前的学生证过期未超过3个月时才允许您续签学生证。 学生将必须持有旅游准证以进入马来西亚，之后才申请新的学生证。 但是，我们了解到这次是特殊情况，因此，我们将继续密切关注行动管制令的发展，并在与马来西亚移民局讨论后，向国际学生/院方提供进一步的说明。
- 问题: 我想回到自己的祖国，但是我的护照已经提交给EMGS。 我可以从EMGS取回护照吗？
如果您已定了回国计划，请与您的教育机构联系，他们将联络EMGS，以方便在您回国之前领取护照。由于EMGS采用了严格的生物特征验证过程, 仅将护照退还给教育机构的授权代表，因此您将无法直接从EMGS取回护照。 如果在您与教育机构联系时遇到任何困难，请通过 email@example.com
- 问题: 我的教育机构从EMGS取得了我的护照，并将其归还给我。 我打算返回自己的祖国，但是我现在的学生签证/特别准证不再有效/期满。 我会被允许离开以返回我的祖国吗？
回答:是的，即使当前签证在行动管制令期间过期，您可以离开马来西亚。 EMGS已通知您的教育机构，在马来西亚行动管制令期内，所有签证已过期的外国人，只要拥有有效的护照，即可无需任何特殊通行证就可离开马来西亚。该通告由马来西亚移民局局长发布，自2020年3月19日起生效，直到马来西亚移民局另行通知为止。 请注意，入境检查的标准操作程序仍然会在机场照常进行，并且您还将受到您祖国移民局规定的现行法规的约束。
- 问题: 我的eVAL已被批准，并在获得单次入境签证（SEV）后前往马来西亚。 入境时发给我的入境通行证现已过期，但由于马来西亚的行动管制令，我无法做医疗检查。 之后我可以参加医疗检查并获得学生证吗？
- 问题: 我接受了了入境后医疗检查，但检查结果不理想。 诊所与我联系并要求我在不超过1个月内提交上诉。 由于MCO，我目前无法前往诊所。 这是否意味着我将不被允许对入境后的医疗检查结果提出上诉？
回答:在正常情况下，您需要在同一家的专科诊所提出上诉。 这需在收到医疗检查不合格的通知后7天内完成。 在当前行动管制令（MCO）的执行下，EMGS决定协助缓解这种情况，但是您必须在MCO解除后的7天内在同一家诊所提出上诉。
- 问题: 通过EMGS购买的保险单何时开始生效？
- 问题: Covid-19新冠肺炎是否包含在EMGS提供的保险条例中？
回答:是的，所有3家EMGS保险/回教保险提供者（AXA，AIA和Hong Leong MSIG回教保险）将扩大覆盖范围，包括马来西亚国内已确认的新冠肺炎2019-nCoV病例相关的治疗和/或住院。 请注意，马来西亚卫生部已提供了指定医院的清单，用于处理新冠肺炎COVID-19病例。 请游览马来西亚卫生部的网站以查看指定医院的列表，因为保险提供商仅允许来自这些指定医院的索赔