EMGS APPROVAL LETTER FOR NEW APPLICATION TO ENROL FOR ONLINE CLASSES
EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
6th May 2020
EMGS Approval Letter
- 1.1.The purpose of this bulletin is to provide further clarification / details for students / institutes on applying to EMGS in order to enrol for online classes.
- 1.2.EMGS had previously provided clarification to all institutions that they must ensure all their potential students’ have made an application with EMGS before they enrol to undergo online classes.
- 1.3.In spite of the current circumstances which limits International Students from travelling to Malaysia, Institution and international students will still be able to register for the application online through EMGS.
- 1.4.EMGS will process and support all the applications for the next stage of processing, i.e. Ready for submission to the Malaysian Immigration Department for eVAL approval.
- 1.5.As an additional assurance EMGS will begin issuing an EMGS Approval Letter once an application has been processed and is ready for submission to the Malaysian Immigration Department for eVAL approval.
- 1.6.The Malaysian Immigration Department will only process eVAL applications for students that are currently in Malaysia and are changing their course/institutions (variation) or progressing to the next level of studies.
- 2.1. New Applications
- 2.1.1.Beginning 12th May 2020, Institutions will be able to download an EMGS Approval Letter from STARS once EMGS has supported an application and updated the Immigration System with the application details. The EMGS Approval Letter will contain the personal details of the applicants including their Education Institution and other application details.
- 2.1.2.The EMGS Approval Letter is an assurance that EMGS has vetted the application and the student has met the minimum academic requirements needed to pursue their intended course. Kindly note that students can only be allowed to enrol and attend online classes once the EMGS Approval Letter is ready for download from STARS.
- 2.1.3.EMGS will proceed to submit the application to the Malaysian Immigration Department once the Malaysian Immigration department begins processing eVAL approvals for New students that are outside Malaysia. The students will then be subjected to the relevant security vetting process and the eVAL approval will be at the discretion of the Immigration Department.
- 2.1.4.Once the students arrive in Malaysia, they are also required to attend the mandatory Post Arrival Medical Screening which may include additional guidelines according to the situation of the Covid-19 pandemic. If the student passes the medical screening, the institutions will be required to submit the student’s passport to the Immigration Department and only then receive their student pass. The issuance of a student pass is also based on the Immigration Department’s discretion.
- 2.2. Variation/Progression
- 2.2.1.The Malaysian Immigration Department is only processing eVAL approvals for students that are currently in Malaysia and are changing their course/institution (variation) or progressing to the next level of studies at the moment.
- 2.2.2.The Education Institutions will be required to submit a declaration to EMGS stating that the student is currently in Malaysia. We have attached the template that needs to be printed on the Education Institution’s letterhead and submitted together with the other supporting documents for variation and progression applications.
- 2.2.3.EMGS will process the applications and facilitate the submission of these applications to the Immigration Department for their approval. Kindly note that the eVAL approval is solely based on the Immigration Department discretion.
- 2.2.4.These students will also be required to attend the Post Arrival Medical Screening and proceed with the student pass endorsement process if they pass the medical screening.