EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
17th January 2022
UPDATE ON THE DURATION OF SELF-ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE FOR CLOSE CONTACT AND POSITIVE COVID-19 CASES
1.1 The purpose of this bulletin is to provide an update on the media statement issued by Health Minister of Malaysia Y.B Khairy Jamaluddin on the revised duration for the self-isolation and quarantine period for:
a) Individuals who tested positive for COVID-19.
b) Individuals who are categorized as close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
1.2 The duration for self-isolation and quarantine period for COVID-19 (inclusive of all variants) are as follows:
1.2.1 Positive cases of COVID-19
- Seven (7) days for those who have completed their vaccination and are asymptomatic.
- Ten (10) days for those who are not vaccinated, partially vaccinated and are symptomatic.
- A health assessment will be conducted before a release order can be issued to the individual.
1.2.2 Close contact with individuals who tested positive for COVID-19
- Five (5) days for those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose.
- Seven (7) days for those who are not vaccinated, partially vaccinated and completed their vaccination..
- Those that are symptomatic are required to undergo an RTK-Ag test, either by themselves or at the nearest health facility located near them. The results of the RTK-Ag done by themselves must be uploaded into MySejahtera.
- To undergo an RTK-Ag test at the end of the quarantine or self-isolation period at either a government or private health facility.
- The individuals will be issued with a quarantine release order on the same day the RTK-Ag test is performed if the result is negative and they are asymptomatic.
- The summary of the process for those who are close contacts with individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 is stated below:
|Received COVID-19 Booster Dose||Complete/Incomplete/No Vaccination|
|Quarantine Duration||Five (5) Days||Seven (7) Days|
|Symptomatic||Self RTK-Ag test or via Health Facilities||Self RTK-Ag test or via Health Facilities|
|Asymptomatic||RTK-Ag Test on the fifth (5) day supervised by a Health Official||RTK-Ag Test on the seventh (7) day supervised by a Health Official|
|Release Order||On the fifth (5) day if the RTK-Ag Test is negative||On the seventh (7) day if the RTK-Ag Test is negative|
1.3 The new update regarding the duration for self-isolation and quarantine period is effective from 16th January 2022. This update is also applicable for those who are currently undergoing the self-isolation and quarantine.
1.4 Kindly note that existing entry requirements to enter Malaysia are still subjected to the prevailing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) set by the Government of Malaysia.
Education Malaysia Global Services
17th January 2022