EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
2nd December 2021
REMINDER REGARDING THE REQUIREMENT FOR NEW AND EXISTING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TO ENTER MALAYSIA
1. There has been an increase number of International Students that have been denied entry into Malaysia due to non-adherence to the requirements set by the Government of Malaysia. These students are subsequently issued with a notice of ‘Not To Land’ (NTL) upon arriving in Malaysia and are deported back to their country of origin.
2. This bulletin serves as a reminder regarding to the latest procedures and requirements as described below for both New and Existing International Students to enter Malaysia.
3. New International Students
- New International Students are required obtain approval by the Director General of the Malaysian Immigration Department via EMGS prior to their entry into Malaysia.
- These New International Students are not required to apply for the Travel Authorisation as it is issued together with the Electronic Visa Approval Letter (eVAL). The expiry date of the Travel Authorisation is valid for 6 months and co-terminus with the expiry date of the eVAL.
- New International Students must ensure that the Travel Authorization and the eVAL are still valid at the point of entry into Malaysia.
- In an event where the eVAL and the Travel Authorization has expired, the International Student must apply for an eVAL extension via their Education Institution. Once the eVAL extension request has been approved by the Malaysian Immigration Department, a new Travel Authorization will be issued in accordance to the validity of the extended eVAL.
4.Existing International Students are categorised in two different groups:
4.1 International Students with a valid student pass.
- Existing International Students with a valid student pass are exempted from applying for a Travel Authorization via EMGS to enter Malaysia.
- These students must ensure that their student pass is valid at the point of entry into Malaysia
4.2 International Students with an expired student pass.
4.2.1 International Students whose pass expired from February 2020 are allowed to enter Malaysia however they must apply and obtain a Travel Authorisation via EMGS.
4.2.2 These students must ensure that their Travel Authorisation approved by the Director General of the Malaysian Immigration Department via EMGS is still valid at the point of entry into Malaysia
4.2.3 EMGS would also like to remind these students that the validity of the Travel Authorization is 3 months from the date of issuance.
4.2.4 In an event where the Travel Authorization has expired, the students are required to apply for a new Travel Authorisation via the EMGS website.
4.3 All International Students must ensure that the COVID-19 test (RT-PCR) is completed within 72 hours prior to their arrival to Malaysia. The official test result which must be translated in ENGLISH has to be given to the relevant health authorities upon arrival at Malaysia. The students are also required to conduct the RT-PCR test at the point of entry and on the end of the mandatory quarantine period
4.4 EMGS would also like to remind all New International Students and Existing International Student with an expired student pass to apply for a Single-Entry Visa (SEV) if they originate from a country that requires an SEV to enter Malaysia.
Education Malaysia Global Services
2nd December 2021