EDUCATION MALAYSIA GLOBAL SERVICES (EMGS)
8th December 2023
Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) For Foreign Visitors Traveling to Malaysia
- The purpose of this bulletin is to provide information regarding the recent announcement made by the Ministry of Home Affairs (KDN) that all foreign visitors to Malaysia will be required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC).
2.1.The requirements to complete the MDAC apply to the following international students:
- Students who have obtained a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and are travelling to Malaysia to commence their course.
- Mobility students with a course duration of less than three months who will enter Malaysia on a social visit pass.
2.2.International students must complete the MDAC online through the Immigration Department website:
2.3. The MDAC can be completed as early as 3 days before arrival or at the latest upon arrival.
2.4. International students must present their completed MDAC at entry points for immigration clearance.
2.5.Existing international students who have been issued a student pass are not required to complete the MDAC if they exit and re-enter the country while their student pass is still active.
The following categories of visitors are exempt from the requirement to complete the MDAC:
3.1. International Students
- Citizens of Singapore;
- Diplomatic and Official Passport holders;
- Malaysian Permanent Residents and Long Term-Pass holders;
- General Certificate of Identity (GCI) Brunei Darussalam holders;
- Brunei Malaysia Frequent Traveller Facility holders;
- Thailand Border Pass holders;
- Indonesia Cross-Border Travel Document (PLB) holders.
4. EFFECTIVE DATE
Effective 1st January 2024, completion of this MDAC will be mandatory, except those listed above (3 i – vii).
For more information, please refer to the Immigration website at the following link:
Education Malaysia Global Services
8th December 2023