Student Mobility Programme
Some Malaysian institutions offer mobility programmes to meet the needs of international students who wish to spend a single semester or one full academic year of study in Malaysia. Student mobility is a programme that initiates the exchange of students between two institutions for a short duration of study (anywhere between 3 to 12 months of study) that usually allows credit transfer to the existing degree programme in the student’s home institution.
By participating in a student mobility programme in Malaysia, a student will benefit from the academic experience that benefits their area of study and upon completion of the programme, credits are awarded to the student’s programme at their home institution, (subject to the academic regulations of the home institution).
The student mobility programme is a unique opportunity for students to combine overseas travel and cultural experience, with studies focusing on various aspects of their area of study.
If you are interested in participating in the student mobility programme, check with your institution whether this option is available to you.
If you have already received your acceptance/offer letter to enroll in a mobility programme, you can apply for your student visa here.
Important notes if you are interested in Student Mobility Programmes
- In order to be eligible for this, you must be enrolled as a fulltime student in an overseas university which is registered by the governing body in its country of operation. You will be required to show proof of this by providing either a letter from your current university, or a copy of your student card certified by your current university.
- All mobility programmes should not exceed 12 months.
- The student mobility programme is only applicable for students applying to Public Universities, Private Universities, and Foreign Branch Campuses.
- If your mobility program is longer than 3 months, the process and document requirements will be the same as a regular international student applying to study in Malaysia. This means that a Visa Approval Letter will be issued and you will receive a student pass (for the duration of your programme in Malaysia) once you arrive in the country. An iKad will also be issued to you.
- You will be required to attend a medical screening once you arrive in Malaysia. If you fail this medical screening you will not be issued with a student pass and will be required to leave the country.
- Dependant passes will not be issued for the families of students who enrol in mobility programmes.