iKad for International Students

What is an iKad?

The iKad is an identification card for foreign students and can be used as a means of identification in Peninsular Malaysia. The iKad will only be issued after the Student Pass is endorsed in the passport. Please note that the iKad is not a replacement travel document.

Each iKad will contain the following information:

  1. 1. Student Photograph

  2. 2. Passport Number

  3. 3. Nationality of the student

  4. 4. Name of the student’s Institution

  5. 5. Duration of the Student Pass

How do I apply for an iKad?

The application for the iKad will be done at the time the new Visa Approval Letter application or Renewal application is made. A fee of RM50 is included in the application fees.

What happens if I lose or damage my iKad?

In the event that the iKad is lost or damaged, the following fees will apply:

  • For Lost/Damaged iKad (1st request) – RM150
  • For Lost/Damaged iKad (2nd request for the same student) – RM300
  • For Lost/Damaged iKad (3rd request for the same student) – MYR 500
  • very subsequent loss/damage of iKad (after damaging/losing it 3 times) for the same student – MYR500 each request

Important :

  • The iKad is issued to assist in identifying whether a student has a valid student pass and is to be presented upon request.
  • The iKad is non-transferable. No one other than the authorised student is permitted to use it.
  • The student is responsible for paying any replacement fee when an iKad is lost or damaged.
  • The student should notify his/her education institution immediately if the iKad is lost.
  • Please note that the student will be required to submit a police report to their institute in order to apply for iKad replacement.
  • If the student withdraws from their study, they should return the iKad to the institution.

Email us at: enquiry@emgs.com.my

Education Malaysia Global Services is wholly owned by the Ministry of Education

© EMGS. All Rights Reserved.