Dependant Pass

You can apply for a Dependant Pass for your immediate family members (Parents, Spouse and Children only) through EMGS. Immigration will issue your dependants with a Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) for a maximum duration of 12 months at a time. The LTSVP will only be valid for as long as the student has a valid student pass.

This application will be made through the educational institution on behalf of your dependants who are in Malaysia. Each dependant who enters Malaysia on a social pass will be subject to a ‘Journey Performed’ visa fee of RM500 as well as a single entry visa fee (subject to nationality).

Rules and Procedures

All postgraduate students enrolled in Public and Private Universities are eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families.

Undergraduate Students-Students who are studying for their Bachelor’s Degree will only be eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families if they are citizens of the following countries:

  1. 1. Saudi Arabia
  2. 2. Bahrain
  3. 3. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
  4. 4. Turkey
  5. 5. Qatar
  6. 6. Azerbaijan
  7. 7. Palestinian Territories
  8. 8. Kuwait
  9. 9. Yemen

  1. 10. Iran
  2. 11. Syria
  3. 12. Oman
  4. 13. Jordan
  5. 14. Lebanon
  6. 15. Iraq
  7. 16. Libya
  8. 17. Maldives

Email us at:

Education Malaysia Global Services is wholly owned by the Ministry of Higher Education

© EMGS. All Rights Reserved.